Monday, March 16, 2009

Girly Tie

Materials:
- 1 skein Schulana Sojabama (55% Bamboo, 45% Soy, 120 yds)
- Size 6 US needles

Gauge: 5 sts = 1 in in stockinette

Skill Level: Easy-Peasy

Terms:
stockinette: Knit every st on the right side, purl every st on the wrong side
k2tog: knit 2 sts together as one st
kfb: Knit in to front leg and then the back leg of of the same st, creating 2 sts from 1.

Cast on 60 sts.
Work in stockinette for 18 rows, ending with a purl (wrong side) row.

Begin decreases:
Row 1: k2tog to end (for 30 sts)
Row 2: purl
Row 3: k2tog to end (for 15 sts)
Row 4: purl

Work remaining 15 sts in stockinette until your piece measures about 25" from the point where you decreased. End with a wrong side row.

Begin increases:
Row 1: kfb to end (for 30 sts)
Row 2: purl
Row 3: kfb to end
Row 4: purl

Work in stockinette for 18 more rows.
Bind off loosely.
Weave in ends.

Wear proudly!

original pattern by ErinRuth


2 comments:

  1. Haha, I love this tie! I was trying to find a tie I could make that wouldn't take me a lot of time, and then I saw this one. In fact, I'm actually going to wear this tie with my dress for graduation. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How would I go about and make this scarf so it hangs further off the neck?

    ReplyDelete